Do you know what dry mouth is? Dry mouth is a symptom caused within a person’s mouth in which they fail to produce enough saliva. For more information about dry mouth, consider the following:
– Known risks of dry mouth include an augmented risk for cavities, issues breathing or swallowing, sore throats, and difficulty chewing properly.
– Despite the fact that dry mouth is not a disease, it is considered a medical disorder that can increase your risk for diseases including gum disease.
– Dry mouth can be formed by a variety of products, including as a side effect of various medications you may be taking.
– Saliva is vital for your oral health because it neutralizes acids, washes away harmful bacteria, and helps keep your mouth fresh from debris.
– If you consistently have dry mouth, it may be an indicator of a rare autoimmune disease known as Sjogren’s syndrome, in which your body’s immune system carelessly attacks the glands in your body, including those designed for creating saliva.
If you are looking for dry mouth treatments in Murray, Utah, come see Wasatch Gentle Dental soon. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew Smith, simply call our dentist office at 801-262-6661. With the help of our team, the pathway to a clear smile can be yours. We look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.